We are encouraging anyone who wants to sail the Nationals here in New Orleans October 4-7 but doesn’t want to haul a boat long distances to charter one of our local boats. We have established a simple set of procedures for chartering, and if anyone has questions, please feel free to contact regatta chair Tom Long, at 504-669-3030 or email@example.com.
Rhodes 19 National Charter Procedure
- The Regatta Chair will receive requests for charter and will identify owners willing to charter their boats.
- The Regatta Chair will provide contact information for both charterer and the owner to make suitable arrangements and include the contact information for Gowrie Group to secure their one-design policy if necessary.
- The suggested charter fee is $500 plus insurance that the boat owner deems adequate to cover property and liability.
- All insurance policies must name Southern Yacht Club as an additional insured and provide a waiver of subrogation in favor of SYC.
- If adequate insurance acceptable to both parties is not put in place prior to the regatta, Gowrie Group offers a special one-design policy for $250, which charterers will be required to secure before the regatta.
See you in New Orleans October 4-7.